The VertiClip® SLS slide clip connects exterior curtain wall studs, bypassing the building’s structural frame, while allowing for a vertical deflection of the structure up to 1½” (¾” up and ¾” down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into curtainwall framing, which is not engineered to support axial loads. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to stud (provided by TSN).
- Provides a positive, load-rated, mechanical attachment to web of stud.
- Eliminates friction-based assemblies.
- Utilizes only mill-certified, 50ksi steel.
- Eliminates untested “scabs” or shims.
- Load rated screws provided.
- Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement.
- Meets all building code criteria.
- Adaptable for multiple configurations.
- Align wall studs quickly and easily by accounting for construction tolerances.
- No “scabs” or shims.
- Lightweight assembly.
- Eliminates bridging or strapping within 12” of connection.
Email us, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on any of our Deflection Clips.
* Use with either 3 5/8” or 4” studs